Elijah is just 15 years old and making serious waves in the local San Clemente, CA area and internationally. Elijah has always been in and around the ocean, with a diverse love for water. He started paddling competitively at 12 years old as a member of the Dana Outrigger Juinor OC-6 outrigger canoe team. As a member of the team they won many championships including the California State Sprint and Ironman championships, as well as placing 1st in the 32 mile Catalina Crossing. Elijah started paddling standup boards in the harbor with his dad (also a waterman) when he was 10 years old. Dad would take him out to Seal Rock to fish but he didn’t seriously start paddling until he was 13 years old.
After starting training with the Paddle Academy in Dana Point and competing in local races, the impressive racing stats started to add up quickly. Most noticeably are his wins at the Graveyard challenge at the North Carolina Cup, Tommy Bahama Long Course in Santa Monica, and The Dana Ocean Challenge in his age group and top 5/10 finishes overall in many races. Over the last few years he has raced in North Carolina, Oregon, Nevada, Hawaii and throughout California. He currently trains with the Paddle Academy and Dana Outrigger club and race OC-1, OC-6 and Standup Paddle boards. In his free time you can find his love for the ocean extending to surfing and fishing.
- 1st Place Carolina Cup Graveyard Elite 13 mile Wilmington, North Carolina
- 1st Place Tommy Bahama Santa Monica Long Course Santa Monica, California
- 1st Place Dana Ocean Challenge Dana Point, California
- 2nd Place Naish Columbia Gorge Open Mens CourseHood River, Oregon
- 3rd Place Pacific Paddle Games Technical Grom Pro Dana Point, California
- 3rd Place Race the Lake of the Sky 14.6 mile Lake Tahoe, California
- 3rd Place Sup Fiesta Jr. Pro Distance and Technical Huntington Beach, California
- 2nd Place Hano Hano Huki Challenge San Diego, California
- 4th Place Tommy Bahama SUP Cross Pro Division FinalsSanta Monica, California