Rob has lived in San Clemente since the 70’s and started his water sports career in the pool as a competitive swimmer where he eventually became an active member of the University of Virginia men’s swim team as a scholarship athlete. Rob’s love for paddlesports was ignited when he started whitewater canoeing in the New River in South Western Virginia during the summer of 1994. After a four year stint on the East Coast, he returned home to San Clemente during the summer of 1995 and started competing in outrigger canoe racing; which ultimately led to the love for standup paddling as well as prone paddling.
His first time on a SUP was in 2006 during a 50 mile charity paddle for Lifeguards for Louisiana and Kids Around the World. Since then, Rob has become a top ranking SUP Paddler in many of the local and national events over the last 10 years. Rob can be seen frequenting many of the races in the SoCal region, but is loving seeing his son Conrad follow in his wake these days. When Rob isnt out racing, he is with his wife Christy, and two kids on the beach or doing some kind of activity.
- Competed in the 265 mile Texas Water Safari in 1995.
- Top 10 finisher in the 2013 Catalina Classic Paddleboard Race.
- Runner up in the 2009, 2010, 2011, Battle of the Paddle Distance Races.
- Unlimited Class Winner in the 2012 and 2014 Battle of the Paddle Distance Race.
- Course record holder in both the 14 mile Race the Lake of the Sky Emerald Bay Loop and the 22 mile Tahoe Fall Classic in the Unlimited Class.
- 2 time SUP division winner of the 26 mile New York SEA Paddle around Manhattan Island.
- Completed 3x 24 hour paddles for charitable causes, (Love 146 and Ocean of Hope).
- Member of the 2012 USA Team during the first ISA SUP and Paddleboard Championships.
- Competed in and achieved podium finishes in numerous races since 2008.